Monday, November 26, 2007

Howdy

Name: Jake Gradek
Current Status:
At crappy computer in Wellington and unable to post pictures on said computer.
Synopsis:
OK, so the last few weeks is a blur of memories that happened way to fast and was over with way too soon. Our South Island trip (part 3: the Armageddon) was a smashing success filled with great climbing, a stellar supporting cast and probably the best weather one could ask for. I'll post some entries when I get a few days to rummage through the 600 or so pictures I took. Greg has thousands from his month and a half in New Zealand. Anyway I thought I'd fill my tens of fans in on what's up.

I'm zooming down the north island in my Aunt and Uncle's rental car. That's right Aunt Flo and Uncle Bill are here after their Australia trip in and around the Brisbane area. It took a couple of days for us to get out of Auckland. Before we did, we had a thanksgiving dinner near the place they were staying. It wasn't too bad, though Bill's dish left something to be desired. Then we were off to Hamilton, south of Auckland. I've been told by everybody in Auckland that Hamilton is the armpit of the universe, but the Hamilton Gardens are actually a great thing to see. The next day we did a bit of Rock climbing at Froggatt with some friends of mine. Then is was off to Taupo, and finally way down here in Wellington. We are taking the ferry this evening to Picton. More later.... Cheers everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays! It's good to read new posts in your blog. Say hi to Flo & Bill.