Saturday, March 8, 2008

Dead Week

I went up to Portland yesterday to go boulder at the Circuit gym with some fellow mt. clubbers. It was a great time and after that we welcomed back Ariel and Rachel from South Korea with some beer and music.

Next week will be "Dead Week" or the week before finals. Of course all OSU students are aware of this fact, except for a few of my former flatmates at the old Chi Alpha Fraternity (I'm not too sure what those dudes do besides play video games). Yep, for a the better part of the term I have been living in a former Frat house that now has a Christian Fellowship downstairs. Moving there was one of those 'get back from Red Rocks with only 2 days before school starts decisions', so I have no one to blame but myself. Living there... how do I say this... sucked. It was the kind of place you felt you had to call Hazmat if you touched the wrong thing. The one saving grace of the place was that it was right across from campus. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I could sleep in 'til 7:59, throw on some clothes, and scoot my way across Monroe avenue to my 8 am class. Going "home" for lunch was pretty easy.

Anyways, I just moved out of the place and moved in with my buddies Zack, Carl (known as Hot Carl) and Shaun. I've lived with these guys before, and they are all big Mt. Bikers. Once I had moved my stuff in I counted 17 bikes in the garage, which, by my calculations is 4.25 bikes per person. There is a tandem there I think, a fixed gear bicycle (the pedals are deadly at high speeds), a bunch of single speeds, and some of the nicest full suspension bikes I have ever seen. Since there are lots of bike thieves here, my new address is: 12345 Fake street, Nobikeshere, OR.

The house is killer for other reasons. They have a tree house, some chickens, and a huge garden. It should be a cool place to spend the rest of my time at OSU.

While up in Portland, I finally got my hands on Greg's pictures so I thought I'll post a couple next time I'm online. Looking forward to spring everyone! Take it easy.

No comments: