Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Break

It was nice to get out of dodge for the past week, and by dodge I mean the Willamette valley in the springtime. It snowed a couple of days ago in Corvallis! It's almost April! According to my brother, it snowed the first day of spring, and we seem to be on course for an icy "take the studded tires off your car day". Anyhow, I rolled back into Oregon late Sunday only to be welcomed by some hail and icy conditions after zooming by Mt. Shasta.



The total tally came to about 7 days in Red Rocks and 2.5 in Bishop, CA. The climbing was great and the sun was more than welcome to the scores of Oregonians there. Red Rocks weather will get even the most dedicated slacker (which is an oxymoron now that I think about it) out of the tent before 8:00am. I got the chance to give plenty of belays on hard redpoints, do some stellar bouldering in Bishop and I followed Daryl higher and harder then I have ever done before on the Rainbow wall. I'll post a few pics from my old camera, but until I get the cord for my new Olympus these will have to do.


Myself about to follow a tough 11a pitch on the Original Route, Rainbow wall


Beautiful Red Rocks in the afternoon


One of my favorite boulder problems: Mikey working The Womb


Matt trying a tough V-hard. I needed some holds on the mantle, as well as some feet.... Hell I needed everything.


Since High Plains Drifter is way, WAY too tough, I opted for the v4 to the left. It's nice with a dash of highball, but it is super safe once you get the jug about halfway up.

1 comment:

Inga Ringdalen Vatne said...

Red rocks looks SOOO coool!!!!!