Thursday, December 2, 2010

Journal from the Bering Sea below

Despite popular demand, I'm back to blogging! Some of you out there have suggested that I get off my butt and post something, which is a legitimate claim considering it's been months.

Below, I pasted in the journal I kept during my time on a fishing boat in the Bering Sea this past summer. I think the total word count came in at over 12,000, which to my estimates is more words than the character Hamlet, Shakespeare's most infamous whiner, speaks during your average showing. I don't expect anyone to read it all, but there is some interesting stuff in there. Living on a boat was a fascinating experience, it is a microcosm of constant motion, fishy smells, cigarette smoke and rife with profanity.

For a good synopsis of what it's like to live on a fishing boat, check out entries: August 25 and 31, September 5 and October 2 and 13.

Oh yeah, I'm back in New Zealand now so be prepared for pictures sometime in the next few years. Peace.

No comments: