Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lord Burton is Graduatin'

For those of you who know my friend Richard, he happens to be graduating from the University of Oregon with his degree in environmental studies. We've been rock climbing buddies for a while, and I'd just like to say this...



I remember musing way back in the day that graduating would be no big deal, and that I probably wouldn't even walk. Bullcrap. Dude, this is a big deal. Don't let anyone tell you different. After all the projects, massive exams, reports, research, reading and deciphering graphics like this...


....all the hard work, sweat and tears have finally payed off. Believe me, I know it is difficult. Ignoring climbing for weeks at a time is not an easy thing to do. But when it is all said and done, it was worth it. It's not just a piece of paper or a job certificate, it is proof that you strove for years to become a more knowledgeable and aware person. Who can't get behind that? So anyhow, my hat goes off to you man. Congratulations and rock on dude!

~Jake

No comments: