Thursday, December 20, 2007

Back in the USA (sung in a Bruce Springsteen Voice)

Hey there people, I've been back for a little over a week now. During that time, I've been catching up with people I haven't seen in almost a year, trying (so far in vain) to find myself a new place to live, and have made a guest appearance at the Gradek Family Christmas this year. Being back is a mixed batch of feelings for me. It has been awesome spending time with friends and family, but parts of me miss the life I built for myself in New Zealand. Hopefully I'll go back soon. That said, a warm Christmas just doesn't feel natural.

I had a bit of trouble getting my luggage, as it apparently missed the flight I was on, but my mother and father picked me up in San Francisco with little difficulty. I shaved my beard off into some hideous side burns before I left Auckland but for some reason Mom and Dad pretended that they knew me in the airport. The folks took me to the Jetty in my home town of Eureka upon my arrival.


I realize most of you expect even more slacking from me, but I figured it was high time that I posted some more pictures from my recent travels. It'll be a nice trip down memory lane. Oh, and I can't wait to have an actual summer in a few months. I caught a few weeks in early March when I arrived in Auckland, but other than that I won't have experienced a real Oregon summer since the beginning of September of 2006. One last thing...I had to ride a sheep, even a fake one before I left NZ. Cheers!



At the Hamilton Gardens

No comments: