Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just a quick one


I'd like to commemorate the first Spring Mt. Bike of the season (Read: not muddy or unpleasant) by posting a quick pic. The trails were fast and the bikes were dialed in! One of these days I'm going to have to get some action shots, but riding and taking pictures does not increase longevity. Here, Fred, Zack and I take a breather just before descending the upper Horse trail in the MacDonald-Dunn Forest. I never realized how nice we have it here in Corvallis until I left for Auckland; the trails are about 5 to 10 minutes from town, if that. Hell, the trails go into town in a couple spots. Whenever civilization is pressing on you, a great stress reliever is to head out into the "Mac" for a quick burn. With a little luck, you can see the 3 Sisters and Mt. Jefferson on a clear day, or you might get to see one of your buddies wreck without seriously injuring themselves. Note to other riders: the poison oak is starting to look juicy...

No comments: