Friday, August 29, 2008

Mt. Mcloughlin

Also a few weeks back, my fit parents came up from California to climb Mt Mcloughlin with my brother and I. Perched at 9,495 feet, the summit is gained by hiking the steep trail to the top. It's one of the nicer summits I've had the pleasure of sitting on. Continuing the trend from Mt. Washington earlier this summer, there was nothing but sunshine and hardly a breeze up on top. Sadly that trend came to and end when I got blown off of North sister last weekend (more on that later). All in all it was a great way to spend the day. There were some other old farts attempting the summit that day, but my Ma and Pa smoked 'em to the top. Here are a few pictures

The summit within sight


Mom conked out on top

Timbo: there was a bit of a cliff behind him




The parents about to gain the summit

Tim, remeniscent of this painting


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suprised those old buggers were able to claw their way to the top. It is tough to compete with you yound whipper snappers