Tuesday, August 28, 2007

S. Island remix

Hey everybody. I realize it has been a while since I have posted anything. You'll have to wait on the edge of your seats a little longer, as I am headed back to the South Island once again. Sadly, Victoria isn't able to make it this time. Instead, I'll be traveling down there with a few climbing club "mates", or Kristin, Inga, Ingrid, Stephanie, Stephan (and his friend) and Owen. The plan is to do as much bouldering and mountaineering as is (super)humanly possible. While I want to shred some tips and crank some sic-gnar slopers (kids these days...sheesh), it will be nice to do some mountaineering. It hasn't been since I lived in Washington that I've done any large quantities of mountain climbing, and the people I'm going with are keen to do some cool summits. Even if that doesn't happen, the weather should be fine enough to do some bouldering. I'm hoping for a v5 outdoors, it hasn't happened for me yet.

Anyhow, I just got done with an animal behaviour field trip on sleep loss (tell you all about it later) and I'm about to do a whole lot more. Ugh. We'll be driving down to the South Island in Owen's rig, and taking the ferry across the cook straight after which we'll head straight down to the Arthur's pass area (See map, center of the S. Island). There are a lot of peaks and of course the legendary Castle Hill Basin. Should be a blast. Have fun guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! Have a great time and get some good pics of you sending some sic-hard problem!