Saturday, July 28, 2007

Save it for a rainy day

So it is raining buckets outside (metric buckets, which are more voluminous). Therefore there is no fun in the sun to be had so I'm here at the "Uni". I've just carefully considered what to do with my spare time. Read up on some Biochemistry? Retool my lab report? Nah, I'll post some of Victoria's pictures! My NZ accomplice works her craft well in her artistic and beautiful shots. On top of this she has an eye for detail and fun. It's also nice to get away from the patented J. Gradek Random Boulder Shot (TM) every once in a while. Here's a few that are a little out of order FYI.

The endangered yellow eye penguin. We saw thirteen that evening as they came ashore. We were the only ones freezing our butts off out there that day, but they have a really cool hide (bird hut) to view them from at their secluded beach. They were quite a ways off, but still a remarkable experience.





Wellington Zoo: gets the point across doesn't it?


A white cheeked Gibbon


Awesome shot of a shag (cormorant for us Americans) at the Moeraki boulders


Milford Sound: Woot!



Kea



Fox Glacier: some more shots



A couple nice Castle hill shots


One last hellboy shot




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...thanks for putting my shots in the blog! I meant to send you the zebra zoo sign too since it was one of the funniest! Thanks also for the nice words...you're the best babe :P

Anonymous said...

The Yellow Eye Penguins are cute. I'm looking for the yellow eyes though. About how tall are they? Nice job, Victoria.